The first two important milestones in our lives, are learning to walk, followed by learning to talk. The next two, our ability to read and write, play a pivotal role in our academic and professional lives. But what role does writing play in our personal lives?
Many of you would have had a diary when you were growing up, the kind that had a lock and key, in which you wrote down everything you did, with whom and when. It was essentially just a log of events. But if we keep a journal, then it becomes a much more personal account of our thoughts, feelings and reflections.
" Journaling is like whispering to oneself and listening at the same time." Mina Murray. The main thing is that we're writing for ourselves, explains Michael Hyatt.
What are the benefits of journaling?
1. It gives us an opportunity to ask ourselves some important questions.
2. Problem solving is more effective while we write and we tend to remember what we have written.
3. It sharpens our awareness of ourselves, others and the world.
4. It enables us to clear our mind and to calm our emotions.
5. Our confidence and sense of self worth increases.
6. It encourages us to be accountable to ourselves and to find our voice.
7. It strengthens our self discipline and helps us achieve our goals.
8. It improves our productivity and decision making.
9. Our communication with ourselves and others is more effective.
10. It enables us to learn and grow.
There are no rules on how to journal. The decision to make it a part of our daily routine is far more important than our style or technique. The most important thing is that we're writing down our thoughts and feelings. It's our story.
How do we begin journaling:
1. Decide on a form: a book or an electronic device.
2. Commit to a convenient time of the day or night and choose a quiet place.
3. Decide on the content. Do some research if you feel uncertain.
4. Begin writing...
" Journaling daily is the most potent and powerful keystone habit you can acquire...you will show up better in every area of your life - every area!"
At the end of the day, it is a great way to disconnect from our minds and to reconnect with our hearts...In what way has journaling enriched your life?
Copyright Untapped Potential 2020 | Life Coaching Somerset West | email@example.com | 082 895 3885
Developed & maintained by Smashing.